Wednesday, September 12, 2007

i am your boss, I need to know everything you do!!!

I joint an insurance company for about 1 month++, going 2 b two months soon... recently I got a new big boss with Senior Manager title, he is from other field but will overseeing my unit as well.

today we have a unit meeting, throughout the meeting, we need to explain to him item by item... even the tiny miny details -- bcoz he know nothing about corp comm.

When my direct superior, which is a manger, tried to explain something to him, he refused 2 listen... probably his mind & ears can be auto-off when he choose not to listen...

We explained our stance & job scope to him, he still insist on what him think is correct. After the argument, he pops out some phrases like: “I am your head, I need to know everything you do!"; “You don't forget that I’m the one who do your assessment!"......

1st time I my life, I was "threatened" by my superior that I must be GOOD (not only do the right thing but also say the right words), otherwise my assessment of my performance in order to entitle for year-end bonus & increment will be a BAD one!!!

Is the SENIOR MANAGER having a mature personality? Or he is just being good luck to climb up the corporate ladder in a short term (he is in his early 30s)?

Do you ever learn to RESPECT other???